About One Man Hide and Seek
This game is of Japanese origin. In Japanese, it is known as Hitori Kakurenbo. The purpose of this game is to condure a spirit into a doll, and play hide and seek with it.
What You'll Need
- One stuffed doll. It must have limbs.
- Enough rice to stuff the doll with. White rice is preferred.
- One sewing needle.
- Some red thread.
- A set of nail clippers.
- A sharp edge tool, such as a knife, a pair of scissors, a glass shard
- One cup of salt water.
- Access to a bathroom with a bath tub and a counter.
- A room or place in which you can hide.
- A TV which can show static in the room you decide to hide in. The static from this page will suffice as well.
How to Prepare
- It may be a good idea to prepare somewhat late at night, because the game cannot be initiated until 3 AM.
- Make an incision in the doll, remove its stuffing, and then re-stuff it with rice.
- Using the nail clippers, cut off some of your finger or toe nails and stick the clippings inside of the doll.
- Sew the incision shut using the needle and the red thread. Once the incision is shut, wrap the doll in the remaining red thread.
- Think of a name for the doll. It can be any name but your own. Remember it for later.
- Enter the bathroom and fill the bath tub up with water.
- Go to your hiding place, and place the cup of salt water on the ground.
Beginning the Game
- When the time is 3 AM, hold the doll and say, "*your name* is the first it" three times.
- Place the doll into the water in the bath tub
- Turn off all of the lights in your house, go into your hiding place, and have static showing on either your TV or your computer from the this page.
- Close your eyes and count to ten. then return to the bathroom with your sharp tool.
- Go to the bath tub, and say to the doll, "I have found you, *the doll's name you've chosen*." Then stab the doll with the sharp tool, making sure to sever the thread you used to sew it shut.
- Say, "You are the next it, *the doll's name you've chosen*. Then remove the doll from the bath tub and place it onto the counter.
- As soon as you've placed the doll on the counter, run back to your hiding place and hide.
Finishing the Game
That will end the ritual.
- Pour half of the cup of salt water into your mouth, but do not swallow it.
- With the cup in hand, leave your hiding place and look for the doll. The doll may not be in the bathroom anymore. Whatever happens, make sure not to spit out the salt water yet.
- When you find the doll, first pour the remaining salt water in the glass onto it. Then spit out the salt water in your mouth onto it next.
- Holding the doll, say, "I win," three times.
Do not attempt the ritual and stop halfway. It must be completed once it is started. This ritual is dangerous, and I am not responsible for anything that happens if you try it!
Other Important Things to Keep in Mind
- Do not, for any reason, leave your house until the ritual is finished.
- You must make sure every light source is turned off, except for your TV/computer for static. Small things such as LEDs on electronics can be ignored.
- You must be quiet while hiding.
- The salt water does not need to be in your mouth during the entire game. You can put it in your mouth once you want to finish.
- If you play with someone else in your home, you may be putting them in danger.
- Keep the game under two hours, otherwise the spirit will become to strong to oust with only salt water.
- For your safety, it may be best to keep the doors in your home unlocked, including the front door.
- You can play the game with a friend, if you are too afraid to try it by yourself.
- If you leave your hiding place without the salt water, you may encounter something wandering around in your house. It may harm you in some way.
- You can use the static to detect if there is something wandering near by, as it will create distortions in the static image.